Settlement in the UK
Those having limited leave to remain for a number of years are entitled to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), providing they have passed the “life in the UK” test in order to demonstrate that they are fully integrated into British society. There are exemptions to this legal requirement for those over 65 years old, with long-term physical or mental health problems that prevent them from being tested and victims of domestic violence.
Past criminal record might seriously impact on prospects of the application, therefore it is vital to seek professional legal advice in order to ascertain merits of the case.
Grant of indefinite leave to remain means that an individual is no longer subjected to any time restrictions, however, an absence from the UK of more than two years can jeopardise prospects of returning.
Grant of permanent residency takes form of a plastic biometric card valid for ten years and its validity can be extended further, unless holder applies to be naturalised or registered as a British Citizen before it expires.
IMMIGRA LEX Legal Consortium (ILLC) offers assistance in obtaining settlement in the following immigration categories :
- Permanent residency certificate/card for EU citizens and their families
- Settled status for EU citizens and their families
- Settlement in the UK for a third country nationals as the partner (fiancée, civil partner, spouse or unmarried partner) of a person, or parent of a child, who is present in the UK and settled here
- former member of HM Forces
- victim of domestic violence
- Long Residence
- Private/Family life
- UK ancestry
- Retired Persons of Independent Means
- Bereaved partner
- work permit holder
- dependant of work permit holder
- self-employed lawyer
- writer, composer or artist
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
- PBS Dependant route
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) – Accelerated route
- Employment not requiring a work permit, for example, Overseas Domestic Worker
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
- Representatives of an overseas business
- Tier 1 (Investor)
- Tier 1 (Investor) – Accelerated route
- Tier 2 migrant
- Returning residents